|est server time again! Tomorrow, August 05, we are going to start up Testa and Testera once more since we have some long-awaited adjustments in store for you. We would like to give you the opportunity to try them out before their release.|
Based on the feedback we have gathered over the last years, several aspects of the world event Rise of Devovorga have been improved. Here is a summary of the upcoming changes:
Everything else in this event should still work as before.
- Stage 2 (Devovorga's incarnations can be reached through portals with different level requirements):
All five incarnations are now accessible for at least one day to give more players a chance to face them. The condition to proceed in the event has not been changed so to trigger stage 3 of the event all five incarnations still need to be dead at the same time.
- Stage 3 (blooms of doom and spawns of Devovorga appear):
If your world has successfully completed stage 2, stage 3 will be initiated sometime between 6 and 12 hours after the next server save.
- Reward eligibility:
The permission to claim a reward can only be obtained by sufficiently contributing to a fight against one of the incarnations, blooms of doom or Devovorga herself in the last 60 seconds before the corresponding monster dies. Your quest log will inform you whether or not you have managed to earn reward permission.
- Stone of Wisdom:
If you are reward eligible, you will now receive a stone of insight instead of a stone of wisdom. Stones of insight scale more appropriately with levels. Important: Due to this adjustment, this year will be the last time stones of wisdom can be traded for experience with Milos and Trimegis. You cannot hand them in anymore during next year's Devovorga event but they will remain ingame as mere decoration.
The achievements for slaying one of Devovorga's incarnations as well as the achievement "Cocoon of Doom" are now awarded to all players who have dealt a high enough amount of damage to the corresponding monster.
- Several incarnations have been adjusted to make them a bit tougher.
Also, the notorious mad mage is about to return! The world change Their Master's Voice has been re-scripted to make it more maintainable. These changes are more of technical nature so the whole event should pretty much feel and work the same as before it was closed.
Last but not least, we have also improved all four party buff spells to promote hunting in groups.
If you are curious about all these changes, join the public test tomorrow and give them a try!
- Druid: The spell "Heal Party" will be replaced by the spell "Restore Party". This spell is a stronger version of "Mass Healing" and will restore health points of the spell caster and all party members within a radius of 4 squares. It has a cooldown of 2 minutes.
- Knight: The spell "Train Party" will be replaced by the spell "Shield Party". This spell will raise the shielding skill of the spell caster and all party members within a radius of 4 squares by 10% for 2 minutes. It has a cooldown of 2 seconds.
- Paladin: The spell "Protect Party" will be replaced by the spell "Boost Party". This spell will raise the main vocation skill of the spell caster and each party member within a radius of 4 squares by 10% for 2 minutes. Main vocation skills are: Axe, club, and sword fighting for knights. Distance fighting for paladins and magic level for druids and sorcerers. It has a cooldown of 2 seconds.
- Sorcerer: The spell "Enchant Party" will be replaced by the spell "Recharge Party". This spell will restore mana of all party members within a radius of 4 squares. It is similar to the druid's "Restore Party" spell with the notable difference that it does not affect the spell caster. It has a cooldown of 2 minutes.
More information and instructions on the test can be found on the test website from tomorrow on. Please note that you have to use your account name and password from August 01, 2014, 10:00 CEST, to log in once the test has started. Due to the active preview on Aurora and Aurera, characters from preview worlds will not be able to join the test servers.
As usual, all players can read the test board, but only tutors, senators, fansite representatives, focus group members, and former closed beta testers can post there.
Your Community Managers