|previous section||contents||next section|
4.3 TradingOf course being a great fighter or a wise magic user are very important on your adventures in Tibia, however, it also comes in handy to be an efficient trader, be it to finance your adventures, to buy your very own house in Tibia or to impress your sweetheart with a costly present.
There are three different ways to trade in Tibia: trading with NPCs, trading with players via the Market and trading directly with other players.
4.3.1 Trading Items With NPCs
If you would like to sell some items you have gained in your glorious battles, or if you want to buy some new equipment, ask an NPC for a trade. A new window will open up in the sidebar. By pressing either Sell or Buy, you can quickly see which items you can sell to or buy from an NPC. By clicking on the picture of an item, you can "Look" at it or "Inspect" it.
To find a certain item more quickly, you can click on the little list item in the header and select "Sort by name", "Sort by price" or "Sort by weight". Moreover, you can choose there if you like to get your puchases in a shopping bag ("Buy with backpacks"). Note, however, that you will be charged a fee of 20 gold pieces for each bag. What is more, you can select "Ignore capacity" here to complete a purchase even though your character will not be strong enough to carry them. Note, however, that your purchases will end up laying on the floor right below your character.
By using the slider, you can comfortably select how many of an item you would like to buy or sell. Particularly for large amounts, hold Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Ctrl while using the slider to increase the slider's step size. Below, you can see the amount you like to purchase of the selected item, the price for the selected number of items, and the money your character owns. If characters do not have enough gold in their inventory, the gold will be taken directly from their Tibian bank account provided they have enough money there. Finally, press "Ok" to confirm the trade.
Note: If you try to finish a deal and you do not have enough space, a warning message will be displayed and the trade fails. Simply make space in your containers and try again to complete the trade.
4.3.2 Face-to-Face Trading With Other Players
Although you can buy a lot of good equipment in the various shops, you will soon realise that the best items are actually sold by other players. Watch out for interesting offers. If you do not find the item you are looking for, you may consider having a look at the advertising channel or on your world's trade board.
Once you have found somebody who is offering the item you are looking for you should meet up with him to trade. Even though there are various ways to trade items in Tibia, we strongly recommend you always use the so-called safe-trade mode to avoid unnecessary risks. To do so, move close to the player you wish to trade with, then open up a context menu by right-clicking on the item you wish to trade and select "Trade with ...". You will find that the mouse pointer will turn into crosshairs. Now move the pointer onto the character you want to trade with and confirm by clicking on the left mouse button. The player will receive a message that you are offering to trade an item. If a player offers something in exchange, a trade dialog will open up in which you will see all items that are on offer.
You can now inspect them by clicking on the items on offer with the right mouse button. If you are happy with the item your trading partner is offering, you should click on accept. If your partner does the same, the trade will be executed, provided that both trading partners have enough capacity left to carry the new items. Please note that it is not possible to modify an offer in the safe trade dialog. Trying to do so will result in a cancellation of the deal. If you are not satisfied with your partner's offer, simply click on "Reject" and start a new trade. If you want to trade several items at once, place them in a container such as a bag or backpack. Right-click on the container and select "Trade with ..." to trade it including the content. To avoid misunderstandings any containers that are on offer will be opened, and their contents will be shown. You should keep in mind that it is not possible to trade more than 100 items at a time.
4.3.3 The Market
The Market is a great place if you want to sell the loot from your last hunting session or a backpack of runes that you have produced yourself. Of course it is also a top place to go if you need a better armor or weapon, or simply equipment for your next adventure.
To access the Market, enter the depot and open your depot locker. Click on the fourth box in your locker to open the Market. A new interface will open up displaying the Tibia Market. Now you can start to shop around or to place your own offers.
There are some important rules that you should keep in mind when using the Market:
- Only Premium players are able to place buy and sell offers. Characters on free accounts can only react on already existing offers. There is one notable exception to this rule - characters on free accounts can place buy offers and sell offers for Tibia Coins.
- Every character on a Premium account is able to create a maximum of 100 offers at a time. Each offer is limited to a maximum of 64,000 items.
- Whenever you place an offer, you have to pay a fee. The fee amounts to 2% of the price of the offer you want to place, but at least 20 gold and no more than 250,000 gold. The fee will be directly charged from your bank account.
- 999,999,999,999 is the maximum price you can set for an offer.
- Offers are always valid for 30 days. If nobody has reacted on your offer until then, your offered item(s) will be transferred back to your inbox, and your money will be transferred back to your bank account.
- The following items cannot be sold via the Market: inscribed documents (books, parchments, etc.); liquid containers which you can pour on the floor; keys; inscribed goblets; inscribed fansite items; items which are not portable; backpacks/bags/boxes etc. which contain something.
- The Market includes an automatic system to help you detect and avoid unfair offers. The development of prices is monitored individually on each server, and average prices are calculated on a daily basis. To warn you that an offer may possibly be unfair, all sell offers that are 25 % or more higher than the server's average price are displayed in red letters, as are buy offers that are 25 % or more below the average. Please note that the automatic systems requires a certain minimum amount of statistical data to work with, so the automatic system may not work for items that are rarely traded. At any rate, we strongly recommend you check both item amounts and prices carefully whenever you are about to trade items in the Market!
At first, you need to specify what kind of item you are looking for. Items are listed in several categories, sorted by the alphabet, reaching from A like Amulets until W like Weapons. If you have chosen one of the "Weapon" categories, you can now select below whether you are looking for a one-handed (1H) or a two-handed (2H) weapon.
If you click on "Level", only items that fit your character's level are displayed, clicking on "Voc." shows only items which can be carried by your character's vocation. The little number in brackets beside an object type indicates how often you have got this item in your depot chest.
If you know the exact name of the item you are looking for, you can quickly find it by entering its name in the little field beside "Search" at the bottom of the dialog.
After you have selected the item you are looking for from the "Object Types" list, a further picture of the item is displayed in the lower left corner of the Market interface. In the large boxes on the right-hand side, you can now see all offers for this item. In the upper part, you can see all sell offers, hence, a list of characters that want to sell this item sorted by the piece price. In the lower part, you find all buy offers, hence, a list of characters that want to buy this item sorted by the piece price. Finally, you have the option to place an own offer at the end of the dialog. At the bottom of the Market interface, you find four buttons:
- Offers: This is the default setting. Whenever you open the Market dialog and select an item, you will see the list of sell and buy offers for the selected item.
- Details: If you click on this button, details of the selected item are displayed in the upper part, among others the weight, a possible description or if available the vocation and the level by which the item can be used.
In the lower part, you find interesting statistics of the item of the last 30 days. Here you can learn about the average price for which the item has been offered or sold. You can also see how often the item has been offered and successfully sold. Furthermore, the highest and lowest price which somebody has paid for the item and for which the item had been offered is shown. Note that statistics are updated only once a day during server save.
- My Offers: In this section, you can find information about your offer history and your current offers. Under "My Offers", three buttons are available:
- Current Offers: Here you find a list of all offers you have currently placed in the Market. If you decide that you do no longer want to buy or sell an item you have offered, click on your offer and then on the corresponding "Cancel" button. If you cancel a sell offer, the item(s) will be transferred to your inbox. If you cancel a buy offer, the offered money will be transferred back to your bank account. In any case, you lose the fee that you have paid for placing the offer.
- Offer History: Here you can check your last 600 (sell and buy together) sell and buy offers. You can see when the offer ended, how it was ended and for which price you have sold or bought an item.
- Market: Use this button to leave the "My Offers" view and return to the "Offers" view.
- Close: Use this button to leave the Market.
- How to place sell offers
If you want to sell an item, search the item you want to sell. Go to "Create Offer" in the lower right-hand part of the Market dialog. Click on the button "Sell". First add the "Piece Price" you want to charge for your offered item(s). Next select the amount you want to sell by clicking on the arrows left and right of the slider next to the button "Create". Particularly for large amounts, hold Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Ctrl while using the slider to increase the slider's step size. Tick the box "Anonymous" if you do not want that other players know that you are the one that is selling the item(s). At the bottom of the dialog, below the search field, you see your balance, hence the current amount of money you have in your bank as well as your current amount of Tibia Coins. On the right-hand side, you see the price and the fee you have to pay for placing the offer. If you do not have enough gold in your bank account to pay the fee, you cannot place the offer. If you can pay the fee and you have entered everything correctly, click on "Create" to place the sell offer. The fee will now be deducted from your bank account.
If somebody has placed a buy offer for your requested or a higher price, the item will be sold right away and you will receive the message "Your offer was automatically matched against existing offers for
gold." Once you have sold an item, the item will be transferred to the buyer's inbox and the earned money will be added to your bank account.
Note that you can only sell items that are stored in your depot chest.
- How to place buy offers
You cannot find the item you are looking for or the prices for your desired item are simply too high for your current budget? Simply place a buy offer for the item that you want for a price that you can afford.
To make a request for an item you want to buy, search the item you want to buy. Go to "Create Offer" in the lower right-hand part of the Market dialog. Click on the button "Buy". First add the "Piece Price" you want to spend for the item(s). Next select the amount you want to buy by clicking on the arrows left and right of the slider next to the button "Create". Particularly for large amounts, hold Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Ctrl while using the slider to increase the slider's step size. Tick the box "Anonymous" if you do not want that other players know that you are the one that wants to buy the item(s). At the bottom of the dialog, below the search field, you see your balance, hence the current amount of money you have in your bank as well as your current amount of Tibia Coins. On the right-hand side, the fee you have to pay for placing the offer is displayed. If you do not have enough gold in your bank account to pay the fee and the item price you have proposed, you cannot place the offer. If you have got enough money and entered everything correctly, click on "Create" to place the buy offer. The fee and your offered item price will now be deducted from your bank account.
If somebody has placed a sell offer for your or a lower price, the item will be sold right away and you will receive the message "Your offer was automatically matched against existing offers for
gold." Once the item was sold, the item will be transferred directly to your inbox and the money will be added to the seller's bank account.
- How to buy an item offered in the Market
Search the item you want to buy. Items that you cannot afford because you do not have the demanded amount of money in your bank account are greyed out in the "Sell Offers" list.
If you find the desired item and agree with the demanded price, click on the item in the "Sell Offers" list. Select how many of these items you want to buy by using the arrows of the slider next to the "Accept" button above the "Sell Offers" list. Particularly for large amounts, hold Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Ctrl while using the slider to increase the slider's step size. Click on this "Accept" button to finish the deal. The item will now be transferred directly to your inbox and the money will be added to the seller's bank account.
- How to sell an item requested in the Market
Search the item you want to sell. Note that you must have the item in your depot chest. Requested items that you do not have in your depot are greyed out in the "Buy Offers" list.
If you see an offer where somebody wants to buy your item and agree with the offered money, click on the item in the "Buy Offers" list. Select how many of these items you want to sell by using the arrows of the slider next to the "Accept" button above the "Buy Offers" list. Particularly for large amounts, hold Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Ctrl while using the slider to increase the slider's step size. Click on this "Accept" button to finish the deal. The item will now be transferred to the buyer's inbox and the earned money will be added to your bank account.
|previous section||contents||next section|