his year's autumn patch is around the corner and it will breathe some fresh air into Tibia's PvP system. With the help and valuable input of the PvP focus group, a selected group of Tibia players representing different opinions on PvP, we have developed a couple of PvP features to tackle the most pressing issues players have with the current PvP system.
The features we presented in the featured article PvP on Trial will be introduced with the upcoming patch. During the last few weeks, we put all of them to the test on a special PvP test server. After some further fine-tuning, the features are now ready to be implemented. Here is a rough overview of what will come:
- Assisted Kill: If you help trapping someone who then dies, or if you paralyse another player character, this will be counted as an assisted kill. It will be displayed in your player kills list as well as in the victim's character deaths list, but it will not have any effects on any skull limits.
- Fair Fight Rules: If you get killed and at least 40% of the damage dealt within the last 60 seconds came through PvP damage, the death penalty on level and skills will be reduced according to a certain formula.
- PvP-Blessing: This is an additional blessing that can be bought at any temple NPC and costs the same as one regular blessing. If you get killed while having this blessing and at least 40% of the damage dealt within the last 60 seconds came through PvP damage, you will not lose your regular blessings and its AOL.
- Revenge Skull: For 7 days after an unjustified death, the victim sees an orange skull whenever he meets his killer or killers. This means that he can attack and kill the player character marked with an orange skull justifiably. Yet, he will still receive a PZ block and a yellow skull for attacking an orange skull.
- Swapping Position If Trapped: If you receive PvP damage and cannot move to at least one of the squares around you because of a trap, you will get the ability to swap position with your trappers under certain circumstances.
- PvP Stairhopping Delay: After changing floors, for example by going up or down ladders, you will be able to attack other player characters within the first 2 seconds, but only with single directed attacks.
- PZ On Demand Fix: If there is a stack with player characters in it, all player characters will be displayed on the battle list regardless of their position in a stack. On Open and Hardcore PvP, all player characters even deep down in a stack can perform all actions.
More detailed information on these features can be found on the PvP test board. If you have any feedback on the PvP features, you can post it in the respective threads there. If you cannot wait to see how the new features work, keep in mind that the PvP test server is still online so check it out.
Besides the PvP features, the autumn patch will also bring along a whole bunch of new achievements, for example achievements for completed outfits. Furthermore, the reporting system will be upgraded once again. From the autumn patch on, players will be able to report illegal guild information such as names, ranks or descriptions, for example, directly to our customer support team via the guild page of a guild. To give us feedback on the achievements and guild reports, please use the feedback thread on the discussion board.
Your Community Managers