Error Message: "Driver Load Error/Failed to Load"
If you receive this message, something on your system prevents the installation or launching of BattlEye, a dedicated anti-cheat software which is mandatory on certain Tibia game worlds.
Here are some steps that may help you resolve the problem:
1. If you are not doing so already, try starting Tibia as administrator. To do so, right-click on the Tibia icon in the Windows Start menu, select "More", then "Run as administrator" (Windows 10). Alternatively, you can right-click on the Tibia icon on your desktop, select "Properties", then "Advanced" and activate "Run as administrator".
2. Security software such as anti-virus programs can sometimes block BattlEye. Please check if such software is active on your system, and which programs are being blocked by it. Note that the programs which must not be blocked include
- "BEService.exe" in Tibia subfolder “BattlEye” as well as
- the entire BE Service directory, which is usually found under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”.
Make sure to add all of these to your security software’s exception list. If this does not help, you may consider experimenting with selectively deactivating your security software when running Tibia. Keep in mind, however, that such a step will temporarily lower your system's security level, so make sure to reactivate the security software as soon as you have stopped playing Tibia.
3. It is possible that there is a permission issue with your BattlEye Service directory or the files within it. To resolve this, delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and try launching Tibia again. If you still get the same error at this point, please try to manually set the BattlEye Launcher in your Tibia game directory (the .exe file) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so, right-click on the BattlEye Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes.
4. If you still cannot get it to work, some other software running on your system might be blocking BattlEye or certain parts of your operating system might be broken. If you cannot determine the cause, we would suggest a repair reinstallation of Windows as a definite solution.