Order A New Recovery Key
A new recovery key can be requested in case of loss provided you have registered your account.
A fee will be charged for this service.
How to request a new recovery key:
- Go to your account page and click on "Get Extra Service". In case you have lost access to your account, open the Lost Account Interface.
- Specify your problem there and follow the instructions.
- You will be led on to a payment form where you have to enter your payment details.
- Once your payment has been confirmed a postal letter will be sent to the address that is given in your account registration. This letter contains a confirmation code.
- If your account registration includes a valid mobile phone number, you will also receive a recovery TAN. You can use this recovery TAN to change the email address of your account. However, the recovery TAN can only be used once and is only valid for 24 hours.
After receiving the letter with the confirmation code:
- Use the Lost Account Interface again, selecting "I need a new recovery key.", then "I have already received the letter with the confirmation code for a new recovery key."
- Enter the confirmation code. Your new recovery key will now be displayed.
The recovery key will only be shown once. You will not receive an email containing the new recovery key, so make sure to write it down carefully and store it in a safe place.